Sunday, September 11, 2016

My Recipe Box - 3 STEP NO BAKE CHOCOLATE COCONUT CASHEW BARS.

I found this recipe at Cotter Crunch a gluten free blog. These are 3 STEP NO BAKE CHOCOLATE COCONUT CASHEW BARS.




They are delicious!! I've made my notes in red below.

Ingredients
1 1/4 cup dried unsulphured figs or about 5-6 ounces (stems cut off) I used dates because I had them
2 cups raw cashews
1 cup unsweetened Coconut Flakes (plus extra for topping)
1 tsp vanilla
dash of sea salt (1/4 tsp)
1/3 cup dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips to melt I found I needed more chocolate to cover the bars.
optional add-ins 1 tbsp protein powder, chia, nuts, cocoa powder.



Instructions
Line a square baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside. I used a 9 X 9 inch pan. I later saw in the notes that she suggested 8x8 pan or 9x13 work. Your bars will be thinner with 9x13.
Next make sure your dried figs have all the stems cut off.
Place cashew, coconut, salt, vanilla, and figs in food processor.
Blend until all is mixed well but not pureed. I used a blender and it had trouble handling it all  Next time I would blend each item separately and then use my hands to mix it all together.
Pour mixture into baking dish and press down well. If your batter is not sticking to the pan after mixing, remove from pan and place in bowl, mix in a tbs of honey or maple syrup if needed. If batter is too sticky, add in 1 tbsp of coconut flour.
While the fig/cashew mix sets in pan, melt your dark chocolate.
Place 1/3 cup dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or on stove top. Heat until melted. About 60-90 seconds in microwave mixing half way.
Next pour the chocolate over the cashew coconut batter and spread it evenly in the dish to cover all.
Sprinkle extra coconut and dash of sea salt on top of chocolate (evenly).
Place in freezer for 20 minutes or fridge for a few hrs.
Once they are hardened, remove from fridge.
Slice into bars and wrap each one in foil for a quick grab and go bar. Or store in an air tight container.
Best kept in fridge for freshness.


2 comments:

  1. I imagine I'd like that, though I've never eaten dates, and I'm not sure if I've had cashews or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These sound awesome -- with figs or dates.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.